Friday, February 22, 2008

The Money (and Time) Pit

We acquired a rental property about 40 miles south of us one year ago. Originally, it was all wrapped up in one deal where we provided the financing, received a chunk of cash up front, and saw a minor amount of cash flow each month, with no involvement on our part - we leased it to an outfit who took responsibility for taking care of the place, getting renters in, etc, etc. Well, they defaulted on the terms of the lease and so we had to take the property back and terminate the lease agreement. It is an up-down duplex, with a tenant living in the upstairs, but the downstairs is not currently liveable. So, I am pretending to be the general contractor and having the whole thing re-done. It's been educational so far. I have a long way to go. More to come...

2 comments:

Colby said...

Hey Dale!

I got your message, but Esther's been playing with my phone and for whatever reason your number got erased, blah!

In answer to your question, I don't have any on hand in print, blah. It's pretty much a print-on-demand deal, so I don't have any overhead. I do, however, have a copy of the novel on the way to my house, which should be here any day now. I'm not sure if that helps you at all :D

Call me back if you want to discuss it, because I sure can't call you! (thanks ESTHER)

Tiny said...

All that mass destruction! Drywall flying - wood chips everywhere. Ripping holes in the walls and celing; Buddy, If you were just a kid at home and made that mess you'd most likely be grounded!

LOL!