Friday, March 21, 2008

Spokane and Coeur d'Alene

Business issues took me to Spokane for two days this week, so I took an opportunity to spend one night in Coeur d'Alene at a resort condo. As I drove to the resort, I pulled off to take a scenic hike at a place called Mineral Ridge. It was pretty cloudy, but I enjoyed being in the mountains. I think it was about 2-3 miles of trail...

The resort itself was under construction - they are adding some new buildings - but the setting was really nice. I had a report to read and edit, and a presentation to put the polishing touches on, so it was nice to be in such a serene setting. (It would be dishonest not to mention that I finished off the evening watching Apocalypto - wow, what a movie!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hey Uncle Dale! How long is the drive to Spokane? Or did you fly? Also, are you going to the Harlan/Dallas reunion in July? Also, how was Apocalypto? My roommate Brie here in Jeru--her dad did all the archaeology background work for Mel Gibson for that movie. Random, no?