Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Wonderful Aunt

We received notice that an Aunt of mine has been sent home with hospice after a tough battle with cancer. I can only imagine what she and her immediate family are going through. They are some of the most positive people I have ever known, especially my Aunt and Uncle. She has suffered through several physical challenges over the years, and yet I have never known her to be negative or cross. Tired, maybe, but never ornery. And my uncle is just a marvelous person, witty, loving, and sharing. Their children (my cousins) were always some of our favorite visitors when I was little. I know my life is better because I know them. Our hearts are with them, even if we are several states away, and our thoughts and prayers turn to them frequently.

No comments: