Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'll be teaching a workshop at this year's Thomas Jefferson Education Forum - if you're interested in attending or just curious about the event, I would encourage you to check it out. My workshop is entitled "The Heart of a Man." Scroll down through the presenters and you'll find my workshop. I'm excited about many of the other workshops, too.

I taught a similar workshop two years ago at the forum, and the topic was well received. I feel mission-driven to share this idea. Men need to accept their manhood. They need to live up to God's expectations of them, which basically means they need to submit their hearts to Him.

The workshop description is as follows:

Men have a critical role to play in the education of their children. In order to function properly in our role, we must first become convicted in our hearts that there is nobody else better suited to pass on the principles of true manhood than we are. Come join us as we discuss what constitutes the heart of a man, and how we are especially well-suited to engage in our children’s educational process. Learn how we can overcome our “wounds” and break free from incorrect societal expectations of men as we immerse ourselves in the classics and model important manly traits for our children, family, and others. Join us in the Renaissance of true manhood!

No comments: