Saturday, February 14, 2009

A good day

It appeared from the outset that it would be a challenging day, one of those that seem difficult to manage. The Queen wanted to take Prince #1 out for the day so that he could be an extra in a movie and thereby learn more about the art of movie-making. They left at 6:00 AM.

That left me with the other four boys, with a food drive to participate in and a wedding to attend - and my job was to be the English to Spanish interpreter at the wedding.

It turned out alright. The boys came along and helped out with the food drive. Some older boys in the neighborhood took #2 and #3 under their wings and I drove along behind them so they could unload the bags of food somewhere. We collected a bunch - and then it got delivered to the foodbank.

The wedding was good, too. The guy performing the wedding spoke no Spanish, but he gave me the rough text of what he was going to say so that I could prepare myself. I just left my #2 in charge of the younger boys for an hour. The wedding was for my cousin - he married a girl from Peru who speaks no English. Weddings are cheesy - but I certainly wouldn't be where I am without one...

After the ceremony, I came back home and grabbed the four princes and took them back for food at the reception.

No comments: