Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tribute to LDS Church President Gordon Bitner Hinckley


Tonight at about 7:00 PM LDS Church President Gordon Bitner Hinckley passed away from natural causes. He was 97 years old.

I have thoroughly enjoyed our time under his inspired guidance. I can't begin to imagine the burden of responsibility that he and all others that have occupied his position bore - they certainly must have learned to call on divine help in their calling.

Since I joined the LDS Church in 1991, I have experienced the passing of three Church Presidents - Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W. Hunter, and now Gordon B. Hinckley. I would have to frankly admit that I connected with President Hinckley more than with the other two, probably just because of the length of time that he served and his disarming nature.


President Hinckley, we love you and know that you are having joyful reunions. Thank you for your tireless service!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize you'd been a member that long... we must be getting old, 'cause time is flying! I am glad Pres. Hinckley is able to go home, but I will miss his peaceful presence.

Thanks for "stopping by." I've been looking in your windows for a couple of weeks now, and thoroughly enjoying it! :)